Sunday 14 December 2014

Risk above all!


“The biggest risk is not taking any risk.In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks” When Mark Zuckerberg speaks such elaborate lines on risk- taking, the world stands up and takes notice. Risk has definitely been one of the prime- driving forces of human civilization since times immemorial. The concept of stepping out of one’s comfort zone and doing and achieving something out of the blue- that has led us to where we are today in terms of all the technological and social advancement that we are today on our planet. In Financial markets, there is a famous theory of risk and rewards. It says the higher risk you take, the bigger reward you get. Though the possibility of failing miserably is always present, what is life without the fun of risking losing something? If you cannot dare to face your fears and move ahead of them, you do not deserve success in you endeavor. It is this idea which has inspired Mountain dew which in its simple stories but in an effective way passes the invaluable message to face our fears and emerge victorious. Some of the great inspiring stories I read about Mountain dew are available here. While risk- taking may mean undertaking those activities that your body or mind feels can harm you if not done properly, it may also mean doing those activities which may give you nightmares, or choosing a path which not many people would choose. Watch this video to get a better idea of risk- taking: In my case it was a career decision, which is considered to be one of the most important decisions of one’s life- which I took risk for. I was determined to practice Chartered Acccountancy as a profession ever since I joined my junior college. However, the idea of doing it differed a bit from others. While I confidently and very easily cleared the enterance level of CA (CPT exam), many of my friends chose to enroll themselves for IPCC (the next level) immediately thereafter. Now IPCC exams are conducted twice in a year- May and November. While nearly all my friends enrolled themselves for May attempt, I somewhere knew that November would be the better attempt for me- the reasons being- that I knew that even if a large majority of them appear and pass the May attempt examination, there would be a scarcity of CA firms looking to hire articled trainees (for more information regarding the CA course please visit here ), Secondly I wanted to register for my IPCC exams as well as arrange for the classes fees( which are an expensive Many of my friends could not clear the exam as the pass percentage was reduced by ICAI for that attempt and even those who cleared, had to struggle for getting articleship, while I fulfilled both my purposes- not burdening my parents for registration and classes fees by working in an MNC (which also helped me gain work experience), and cracked my IPCC in . This was the incident whrer I trusted my instincts and it came true. I advise everyone to take risks in life and be self- made as these are the only two things which can actually helped us realize our true potential

No comments:

Post a Comment